Careers: Accounts Payable Specialist
Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be a builders most valued relationship. Our willingness to think creatively with loan terms, aggressive rates, agile in-house servicing team, speed to fund, and technology help set us apart from others. Builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender, our loans help to create quality housing in a market facing a deficit of 5 million homes.
In 2021 we originated over $2.2 Billion dollars in construction loans almost doubling our projected 2021 goal, to say we’re rapidly growing would be an understatement! We’re looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to our growing Accounting team.
Day to Day:
- Review and classify invoices for approval and proper GL Coding in a high volume environment.
- Process vendor invoices for approval and payment.
- Assist in processing weekly check runs.
- Perform month end procedures which include GL reconciliations and loan reconciliations.
- Setup new vendors, including acquiring W-9s.
- Timely follow up with vendors on discrepancies; ensure timely follow through with Controller on items. needing attention (including ensuring payments are made by appropriate due dates).
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with suppliers, team and management.
- Special projects and analysis as requested.
- 3 – 5 years Accounts Payable experience preferred.
- Functional knowledge of bookkeeping / accounting processes and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive wage
- Bonus potential
- Paid time off – 3 week of PTO a year
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Health reimbursement account (HRA) – $125 per month contribution to employee HRA
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.