Builders Capital is looking for an Associate to join our fast-growing originations team! This is an incredible opportunity to join the largest private construction lender in the country, at a time when our loan products are needed more than ever, and we are on an incredible growth trajectory.
As an Associate you will be partnering with a Loan Officer, reaching out to Builders, Developers, Investors, and brokers looking at projects across the country.
Builders Capital offers a suite of loan products to builders and developers that is second to none… Our ability to think creatively with deal structure agile in-house operations and servicing teams, speed to fund, and technology suite help set us apart from others. Our top LO’s fund hundreds of millions of loan volume per year. Builders Capital, is the nation’s largest private construction lender and has originated over $8 Billion in New Construction loans since inception, contributing to the construction of tens of thousands of new homes.
Day to Day:
- Partnering with a Loan Officer to figure out what borrowers to target.
- Reaching out to builders, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, real estate agents, title companies, appraisers, and investors (among others) to continue to expand the company footprint and brand.
- Structuring various residential loan types including vertical (ground up) construction, vertical construction loans with acquisition and/or horizontal (land development) components, bridge loans, multifamily loans involving DSCR calculations, warehouse credit facilities, and more.
- Identify borrower needs specific to each project, structure appropriate loans following established lending guidelines and using provided software, answer borrower questions, address borrower concerns or issues, communicate and follow up with borrowers throughout the process (start to finish), ensure loans move smoothly through our internal systems and departments.
- Work with your in-house support team while quarterbacking the process of document collection and discovery, underwriting, loan committee approvals and closing of each loan.
- Maintain borrower relationships post-closing, continue to understand borrower’s perpetual pipeline, respond to and address borrower’s post-closing concerns should there be any.
- Maintain client database to enable effective use of a CRM, setting up marketing campaigns.
- Effectively lead transactions by communicating with all team members and interested parties.
- 1+ years’ of construction finance experience in residential or commercial mortgage, preferably with expertise in construction financing highly organized and the ability to deal with complexity, turning ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- Must have advanced MS Excel knowledge.
- Must be comfortable cold calling.
- Polished communication skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box to solve problems.
- Highly ethical, with an unwavering commitment to doing right by our clients and the company.
- A true team player with proven ability to lead across organizations and departments.
- Thrives in a fast pacing, ever changing environment.
- Builders Capital offers one of the richest compensation models in the industry: Associates have uncapped earning potential.
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Remote work flexibility.
- Unlimited sales geography throughout the United States.
- Flexibility to work directly with borrowers, or through broker relationships.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time, exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.