Builders Capital is looking for a Commercial Underwriter in Florida to join our fast-growing company! You will play a key role in assessing and evaluating residential construction of single family, multifamily and small apartment complexes. You will analyze and underwrite large deals, and provide insights to ensure the company’s lending practices align with management objectives.
Builders Capital is the nation’s largest private construction lender, offering innovative financing solutions to a wide spectrum of developers and homebuilders. Loan products include options for Acquisition, Development, Construction, and Bridge financing, in the form of single-asset loans, portfolio loans, and revolving credit facilities. In addition to financing opportunities, Builders Capital borrowers can leverage national accounts for material purchase discounts, and access cutting-edge technology for project management, accounting, and BIM technology tools. Builders Capital is headquartered in Puyallup, Washington, with regional sales offices across the country.
Day to Day
- Analyze and underwrite the creditworthiness of new and existing commercial applicants for approval while recommending risk ratings based on that analysis and lending policy guidelines.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis, including spreading and analyzing financial statements, tax returns, and/or projections.
- Prepare financial projections, including loan sensitivity analysis, when requested.
- Identify potential risks and recommend mitigants based on an analysis of economic and industry trends, borrower performance, collateral support, and guarantor liquidity obligations.
- Independently draft credit memos for pending loan requests and make recommendations for the extension of credit based on the analysis of borrower’s financial condition, cash flow, collateral, and the character of the borrower.
- Interview loan applicants as needed to develop and obtain information regarding their operating results, business needs, experience, and cash flow.
- Complete annual reviews of selected portfolio holdings, identifying any issues or changes to the performance of those borrowers that potentially impacts the expected performance of those loans. Recommend risk rating upgrades or downgrades, along with an appropriate action plan, based on that analysis.
- Provide general portfolio management, tracking reporting, and file maintenance including tracking financial statements and annual reviews, covenant compliance, insurance expirations, and payment performance.
- Ensure adherence to Credit policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of general economic conditions or changing trends that may affect Builders Capital’s business loans.
- Loan review and underwriting as required to loan being submitted to Loan Review Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Real Estate, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial underwriting, with a demonstrated progression of responsibilities.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial lending practices, financial analysis, and risk assessment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work-product and demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Applicable experience necessary to understand not only the legal issues but also the business considerations relevant to our industry.
- Process-oriented with the ability and desire to identify, develop, and implement efficiencies and improvements.
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee medical insurance premiums.
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off – 3 weeks a year
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – Builders Capital puts $62.50 a month into an HSA account for employee.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time, exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.