Careers: Senior Systems Administrator
Builders Capital is opening a second headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL and looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to help us build our new office.
Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be a builders most valued relationship. Our willingness to think creatively with loan terms, aggressive rates, agile in-house servicing team, speed to fund, and technology help set us apart from others. Builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender, our loans help to create quality housing in a market at a 5 million home deficit.
The Senior Systems Administrator develops innovative software, hardware, and networking solutions in support of Builders Capital technology department, and through it, the broader company at large. They are responsible for anticipating the growing needs and emerging opportunities in the technical space and creating or spearheading efforts to meet them. An outstanding Senior Systems Administrator should be able to present complex problems in lay terms to cross functional teams and management.
- Create solutions using infrastructure, software, and hardware to meet business needs, current or foreseen.
- Educate necessary teams on the proper usage and maintenance of developed solutions to ensure their continued adoption.
- Research, advise, and champion advances in security, usability, and functionality.
- Assess current and future architectural needs of the changing business climate.
- Brief business teams on upcoming changes, items that need attention, and emerging technology trends.
- Provide guidance and leadership for multifunctional teams.
- Be available after hours or weekends in the event of an emergency.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred: Azure Architecture Expert (MS-305 after March 2022) OR equivalent certification.
- Preferred: ITIL v4 (Or ITIL Expert/Master)
- Minimum seven years’ experience in infrastructure, architecture, or software design.
- Proven track record of creating solutions in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrable ability to understand a complex environment, and determine the needs, vulnerabilities, and opportunities.
- Ability to easily explain complex technical solutions in laymen’s terms.
- Strong focus on collaboration, education, and knowledge development.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to stakeholders at all levels.
- Aptitude for managing multiple complex networks.
- Working knowledge of security best practices and trends.
- Able to take a big picture view of the entire environment, including budgeting, licensing, business needs, and growth opportunities.
- Microsoft Security Suite
- Office 365
- Azure Active Directory
- LAN and WAN Network Engineering
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums.
- Competitive wages.
- Paid time off – 3 weeks a year.
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital puts $125 dollars a month into an HRA account for employee.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.