Careers: Title & Closing Specialist
Builders Capital is opening a second headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL and looking for a Title & Closing Specialist to help us build our new office.
Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be a builders most valued relationship. Our willingness to think creatively with loan terms, aggressive rates, agile in-house servicing team, speed to fund, and technology help set us apart from others. Builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender, our loans help to create quality housing in a market at 5 million home deficits.
In 2022 originated over $3 Billion dollars in construction loans, to say we’re rapidly growing would be an understatement, we’re looking to add a Title & Closing Specialist to add to the team.
This position is to help ensure timely and accurate packaging of loans from approval through loan closing.
Day to Day:
- Guide mortgage loans through the title review process and loan closing process.
- Gather documentation, data entry, review and validation of loan documentation, preparation of closing documents, and loan funding.
- Manage pipeline to ensure all title commitments and closing documents are ordered in a timely manner.
- Perform title curative activities such as obtaining lien releases, correcting vesting issues and obtaining title endorsements to address potential risks.
- Communicate with escrow, loan officers and processors via telephone and email to obtain information, answer questions, and coordinate closing efforts to help borrowers reach closing in a timely manner.
- Prepare title and escrow instructions.
- Draw closing documents without error, engaging with management, legal and underwriting as needed.
- Review preliminary settlement statement and closing disclosures provided by Escrow.
- Review executed loan documents for accuracy. Obtain original signatures and initials on all closing packages prior to approving release of wires or releasing escrow to record.
- Clear closing conditions based upon the documentation provided. Obtain and document exceptions as needed.
- Adhere to policies for wire disbursements.
- Confirm wire instructions before sending initial funding package.
- Assist in file assignments and load balancing to optimize workflow of the Closing Department.
- Use sound judgement and standard industry practice to meet or eliminate requirements from the title commitment.
- Aid in clearing post-closings conditions, loan sales and due diligence reviews as needed.
- Help leadership with ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-5 years lending experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ loan closing and funding experience.
- Previous experience in private or non-bank mortgage lending environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (via phone and E-mail) with the ability, desire and enjoyment in working with all stakeholders in a cooperative, professional, and friendly manner.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic fast paced environment while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Works as a team to manage a pipeline of loans in various stages of funding process.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee medical insurance premiums.
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off – 3 weeks a year.
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital puts $125 dollars a month into an HRA account for employee.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time, exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.