Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be the builder’s most valued relationship. Our creative loan products, in-house servicing team, innovative technology platforms, and best in class support are some of the reasons we lead the country in private residential construction financing.
With 8+ Billion in total originations and goals of funding at least $500 million per month, every month, to say we’re rapidly growing would be an understatement. We are looking for outstanding Loan Officers to add to the team.
- Uncapped commission potential
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee Medical insurance premiums
- Schedule flexibility
- Remote work flexibility
- Unlimited sales geography throughout the United States
- Flexibility to work directly with borrowers, or through broker relationships
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital contributes $125 dollars per month into an employee HRA
- 401K / Profit Sharing
- Previous solution selling sales experience with an emphasis on solving customer problems. The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented a consultative sales process around customer needs with business owners (or senior management) in previous roles.
- Effective sales and marketing skills, including ability to generate new business through networking, referral partners, cold calling, and other referral sources.
- Strong finance and/or business background with ability to provide consultative feedback to potential borrowers and make sound business recommendations.
- Ability to deal honestly and ethically with clients, employees, and business partners to achieve desired goals.
- An “over achiever” with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service/experience.
- Previous work experience as a construction Loan Officer or Private Lender would be beneficial.
- Ability to effectively use standard business software applications including Excel, Outlook, Teams, as well as the ability to quickly learn in-house software applications.
Primary job duties / functions:
- Drive sales by structuring and originating various residential loan types including vertical (ground up) construction, vertical construction loans with acquisition and/or horizontal (land development) components, bridge loans, multifamily loans involving DSCR calculations, warehouse credit facilities, and more.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with builders, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, real estate agents, title companies, appraisers, and investors (among others) to continue to expand the company footprint and brand. Our goal is to create long-term customer partnerships where we “wash, rinse, repeat” new transactions with existing customers.
- Identify borrower needs specific to each project, structure appropriate loans following established lending guidelines and using provided software, answer borrower questions, address borrower concerns or issues, communicate and follow up with borrowers throughout the process (start to finish), ensure loans move smoothly through our internal systems and departments.
- Work with your in-house support team while quarterbacking the process of document collection and discovery, underwriting, loan committee approvals and closing of each loan.
- Maintain borrower relationships post-closing, continue to understand borrower’s perpetual pipeline, respond to and address borrower’s post-closing concerns should there be any.
- Develop and maintain client database to enable effective use of a CRM.
- Provide consultation and sound advice on loan structure and expectations while qualifying borrowers.
- Develop and maintain a personal business plan which includes all aspects of loan originations from customer service, maintaining and building relationships, networking, marketing/prospecting, and delivering agreed upon origination goals.
- Effectively lead transactions by communicating with all team members and interested parties
- Forecast territory sales results for senior leadership.
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Builders Capital and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.