Careers: Payoff Specialist
Builders Capital provides a comprehensive range of loan products to builders, developers, and investors across the country, we strive to be a builders most valued relationship. Our creative loan products and rates, agile in-house servicing team, and innovative technology help set us apart from others. Builders Capital is the leading private equity construction lender, our financing for acquisition, development, and construction funds quality housing in a market facing a 5 million home deficit.
In 2021 originated over $2.2 Billion dollars in construction loans, to say we’re rapidly growing would be an understatement! We’re looking to add a Payoff Specialist to add to our Treasury team.
The primary responsibility for the Payoff Specialist is to process and respond to inquiries and customer service requests related to the payoff process. The Payoff Specialist reviews calculations, generate payoff quotes, performs research, and communicates with internal and external customers.
Day to Day
- Respond to questions and payoff requests from borrowers, authorized third parties and other departments.
- Prioritize and manage workflow to generate all payoffs and related activities within required timeframes and maintain appropriate service levels.
- Review loan status, loan documents, and loan performance to ensure payoff quotes are calculated accurately and protect the company’s financial interests.
- Coordinate with internal legal and accounting teams to evaluate payoff requirements on default and delinquent loans.
- Interact with Document Custodian as needed to request original loan documents
- Prepare Release of Liens and ensure documents are sent to appropriate counties/title companies for recording within required state-specific timeframes.
- Update and maintain systems, logs, reports, and files.
- Cross train in duties of other Treasury team members and act as a back-up as needed.
- Work to increase efficiencies by providing recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Previous experience in insurance, investment, lending or accounting preferred
- Prior experience in a post-closing/closing environment a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (via phone and E-mail) with the ability, desire, and enjoyment in working with all stakeholders in a cooperative, professional, and friendly manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a dynamic fast paced environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Dependability and punctuality
- Health insurance – Builders Capital pays 100% of employee medical insurance premiums
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off – 3 weeks a year
- Paid holidays – 10 paid holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – Builders Capital puts $125 dollars a month into an HRA account for employee
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job; however, there may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Construction Loan Services II LLC (Builders Capital) and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. This is a full-time, exempt position. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.